If yours or a loved ones wedding is approaching you might be worrying about your part in it. Giving a speech, making a toast, or even writing your own vows.
They all require the perfect words to express exactly how you feel in the best way possible. Thankfully you can use one of this huge selection of beautiful, funny, religious and sentimental quotes to help you out.
Do your wedding vows need some heartfelt and emotional words? These quotes will have just what you need. A best man speech lacking some humour? Then try the hilarious funny quotes to liven it up.
If it’s just a wedding invitation or card that needs that little bit extra the words of wisdom from these famous authors, poets, actors, celebrities and more will be ideal.
So below you will find a large selection of romantic, sweet, inspiring and heartwarming marriage and love quotes to aid in your wedding celebrations.
Use them to weave some extra special magic into your words, be they written or spoken, and know that the effort and time spent crafting your sentiments will be appreciated by those who matter the most.
Inspirational Wedding Quotes
When we see a couple getting married we are often inspired. It makes us feel good, raises our spirits and helps us to believe in love and all it stands for.
So take some of that feeling and use it in a wedding card or speech with one of these inspiring wedding quotes. They demonstrate perfectly just how amazing love and the bond two people celebrate through marriage can be.
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same” – Emily Bronte
- “Grow old with me. The best is yet to be – the last of life for which the first was made” – Robert Browning
- “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine” – Maya Angelou
- “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out” – Roy Croft
- “There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage” – Martin Luther
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than you dreams” – Dr Seuss
- “All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love” -Leo Tolstoy
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get only with what you are expecting to give – which is everything” – Katherine Hepburn
- “He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended and she began” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Who, being loved, is poor?” – Oscar Wilde
- “My love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, both are infinite” – William Shakespeare
- “The highest happiness on earth is the happiness of marriage” – William Lyon Phelps
- “The beauty of marriage is not always seen from the very beginning – but rather as love grows and develops over time” – Fawn Weaver
- “You don’t marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can’t live without” – Unknown
- “A marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s the way you love your partner everyday” – Barbara De Angelis
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage” – Lao Tzu
- “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short” – Andre Maurois
- “What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life – to strengthen each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?” – George Eliot
- “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope” – Maya Angelou
SEE MORE: Wedding Wishes for Coworkers
Wedding Quotes for Cards
One of out aims is to help make writing a wedding card message that much easier. A well considered message or quote for the marrying couple is key to this.
Many of the quotes and sayings found here are ideal for a card both as a lovely greeting for the newlyweds that expresses their love for one another and to congratulate them on their wedding.
- “True love is the joy of life” – John Clarke
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies” – Aristotle
- “Love isnÃ¢ÂÂt something you find. Love is something that finds you” – Loretta Young
- “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides” – David Viscott
- “It is love that makes the impossible, possible” – Indian proverb
- “You don’t marry the person you can live with – you marry the person you can’t live without” – Unknown
- “The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time” – Julia Child
- “We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly” – Sam Keen
- “Marriages are like fingerprints; each one is different and each one is beautiful” – Maggie Reyes
- “To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness” – Robert Brault
- “There is only one happiness in life: To love and be loved” – George Sand
- “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love” – Sophocles
- “Faith makes all things possible. Love makes all things easy” – Dwight Moody
Heartfelt Wedding Quotes
Weddings always provoke strong emotions for both the couple and those attending. Tears are not uncommon! And one of the things that tends to really tug at people’s heart strings are touching and romantic words.
They may be from the speeches or vows and really encapsulate love and what being in love means. If you’re looking for a good tear jerker for your wedding speech, or an emotive quote for a card then try these truly heartfelt sayings below.
- “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are” – Oscar Wilde
- “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes or their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear” – Unknown
- “You know when you have found your prince because you not only have a smile on your face, but in your heart as well” – Unknown
- “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love” – Albert Einstein
- “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul” – Judy Garland
- “Oh the heart that has truly loved never forgets, But as truly loves on to the close” – Thomas Moore
- “The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make on your wedding day, and over and over again and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband” – Barbara De Angelis
- “We loved with a love that was more than love” – Edgar Allan Poe
- “True love is never blind, but rather brings an added light” – Phoebe Cary
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other” – Audrey Hepburn
Romantic Marriage Sayings
Weddings are the epitome for romance for many. The big day, the dress, the vows – it all enchants us. And then the happiness of marriage as two people share their life together. What could be more romantic.
So if you’re delivering a wedding speech or writing your own vows you might want to touch upon the romance surrounding marriage with one of our romantic wedding quotes. They’re also a great accompaniment for a card to the newlyweds.
- “True love stories never have endings” – Richard Bach
- “Being someone’s first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect” – Unknown
- “Nobody has ever measured, even poets, how much a heart can hold” – Zelda Fitzgerald
- “To me, you are perfect” – Love Actually
- “Your wide eyes are the only light I know from extinguished constellations” – Pablo Neruda
- “An the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love” – The Vow
- “I believe love is always eternal. Even if eternity is only five minutes” – Sandra Cisneros
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible” – When Harry Met Sally
- “Before we met, I was as lost as a person could be and yet you saw something in me that somehow gave me direction again” – Nights in Rodanthe
Wedding Quotes for Bride and Groom
If you want to show your love to the couple marrying, and offer them some poignant words of wisdom then these quotes are perfectly suited. They say just what marriage and being in love is like in a short and simple way, getting directly to the heart of a loving relationship.
Alternatively if you are either the bride or groom then these can be used to say to your fiancé in your vows.
- “I knew when I met you an adventure was going to happen” – Winnie the Pooh, A A Milne
- “A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you” – Unknown
- “My love for you is a journey, starting at forever and ending at never” – Unknown
- “Walking with your hands in mine and mine in yours, that’s exactly where I want to be always” – Fawn Weaver
- “Love is not about staring at each other, but staring off in the same direction” – Antoine de Saint ExupÃÂ©ry
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you” – A. A. Milne
- “When you love someone all your saved up wishes start coming out” – Elizabeth Bowen
- “For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow” – Rosemonde Gerard
- “If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more” – Jane Austen
- “Two souls with but a single thought; two hearts that beat as one” – John Keats
- “You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught” – Boris Pasternak
- “You are every reason, every hope and every dream I’ve ever had” -Nicholas Sparks
- “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone” – J. R. R. Tolkien
- “And I knew exactly how old Walt Disney’s Cinderella felt when she found her prince” – Elizabeth Young
- “It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together” – Sleepless in Seattle
- “Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale” – Unknown
- “There is no such thing as a perfect man or a perfect marriage. But the one I have is perfect for me”- Fawn Weaver
- “When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” – Arrigo Boito
- “By my soul, I can neither eat, drink, nor sleep; nor, what’s still worse, love any woman in the world but her” – Samuel Richardson
- “You look like the rest of my life” – Beau Taplin
Funny Wedding Quotes
Most wedding and marriage quotes are, let’s be honest, a bit cheesy and soppy. There’s nothing wrong with that, but it doesn’t necessarily suit everyone.
Romance and love comes in all different shapes and sizes. So for one couple it might be love poems and sonnets, but another it’s laughter and jokes. If the latter is the case then a funny quote or saying might be perfect for your wedding toast or card.
- “By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher” – Socrates
- “Only married people understand you can be miserable and happy at the same time” – Chris Rock
- “An archeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her” – Agatha Christie
- “You can’t put a price tag on love. But if you could, I’d wait for it to go on sale” – Hussein Nishah
- “Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you’re offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone’s feelings” – David Sedaris
- “The ideal husband understands every word his wife doesn’t say” – Alfred Hitchcock
- “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers” – Robert Quillen
- “The groom always smiles proudly because he’s convinced he’s accomplished something quite wonderful. The bride smiles because she’s been able to convince him of it” – Judith McNaught
- “Marrying a man is like buying something you’ve been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn’t always go with everything else” – Jean Kerr
- “Marriage is like twirling a baton, turning a handspring, or eating with chopsticks: It looks easy until you try it” – Helen Rowlan
- “All my friends are getting married. I guess I’m just at that age where people give up” – Amy Schumer
- “If you can stay in love for more than two years, you’re on something” – Fran Lebowitz
- “I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it” – Elizabeth Evans
- “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love” – Dr. Seuss
- “Being a good husband is like being a stand-up comic. You need 10 years before you can call yourself a beginner” – Jerry Seinfeld
For more hilarious sayings try our larger selection of funny wedding quotes.
Bible Wedding Quotes
Religion is often a key part of a wedding. If you have a strong faith, or are attending a wedding that you know will be heavily religious in its nature then these Bible verses will be very fitting.
They speak about love and commitment in a way no other can, and should be considered for a wedding reading, prayer, vow or as part of the ceremony. Celebrate your devotion to each other and your faith with these powerful words.
- “Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance” – Corinthians 13:7
- “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love” – Corinthians 13:13
- “I am my beloved and my beloved is mine” – Song of Solomon 6:3
- “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life” – Psalm 143:8
- “Let brotherly love continue” – Hebrews 13:1
- “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins” – Peter 4:8
- “For as a young man marries a young woman, so shall your sons marry you, and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you” – Isaiah 62:5
- “Keep alert, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love” – Corinthians 16:13
- “Then the Lord God said, Ã¢ÂÂIt is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him” – Genesis 2:18
- “Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart” – Proverbs 3:3
- “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love” – Ephesians 4:2
- “Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law” – Romans 13:8
SEE MORE: 78 Religious Wedding Wishes and Messages
We hope these wedding quotes will have helped with whatever your role in the wedding is. Use them as you see fit and they will surely add that little bit extra to the day.