Are you not sure what to say in a religious wedding card? Looking for some help to find the perfectly worded religious wedding message or congratulations?
Then try our selection of the best religious wedding wishes and messages that are perfect for congratulating a couple who’s faith is central to their love.
Weddings are often huge celebrations. A big day, many people invited, party afterwards. But a traditional wedding is rooted in a church ceremony, officiated by a vicar and with solemn vows being key to the cementing of two people’s love.
That’s not to say that the traditional and more modern ceremonies can’t mix or meet in the middle. But it means you could find yourself attending a wedding where the faith and religious aspects are more prominent and important than you’re used to.
If that’s the case then the wedding card you send or congratulations you will wish to the happy couple might be more appropriate if they were religious themed. Religious wedding wishes or messages are similar to the regular way you would congratulate a couple on getting married except they often mention God, possibly quote scripture or talk about the role faith plays in a marriage.
One thing to remember – make sure before writing your message that you know the religion of the couple, assuming they are both of the same religion, and also how strongly held their beliefs are. If they aren’t practicing or don’t worship frequently then you may want to reconsider a religious message.
Remember, if you’re unsure or worried about causing any offense then the best idea would be to choose a more traditional and regular wedding message that can still represent your feelings but without making the happy couple uncomfortable.
Religious Wedding Messages
- Remember to forgive each other just as God has forgiven you and you will hold the humility that it takes to love each other with grace.
- Remember the promises you made today and keep God the center of your relationship
- When two are married, God becomes the bond between them. Let no man separate what God has joined.
- Love God first and it will be easier to love your spouse second. Your marriage will be strong because the two of you are strong in your faith
- ‘God has poured out His love into our hearts.’ - Romans 5:5
- Congratulations on this beautiful and lovely occasion! May the Good Lord give you a wonderful life together!
- As you unite today in marriage as Christians, I wish you both an eternity of love and happiness together. I pray Jesus shine his light upon you
- ‘Love is patient. Love is kind… Love never fails.’ – 1 Corinthians 13:4-13
- You are a beautiful couple and will be a blessing to each other! May God look upon you kindly
- May God bless your marriage together with lots of love and joy.
- Congratulations on your nuptials. May God bless you with His Love, His Wisdom, and His Guidance.
- Wishing you all the best as you begin your new lives together. God has so many more wonderful things in store for your future together.
- Mazel Tov on your marriage!
- (For a Hindu wedding) Aap dono ko vivaah ke avasar ki badhaayiaan!
- (For a Hindu wedding) Shadi Mubarak!
- May God grant you all of life’s blessings and love’s joys
- As Christians we know that we are sinners and that still God loved us. Keep this fact in mind in your marriage to help you stay humble and love unconditionally
- Marriage is about trusting, sacrificing, and forgiving. Jesus is the ultimate role model for how to behave in your marriage
- The Bible says, ‘two are able to defend themselves.’ Just donÃ¢ÂÂt forget that you are on the same team, and now one will be able to conquer you. Together you will be strong against evil
- God bless you both on this day with a lifetime of shared love and joy
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
- May love be always at the center of your soul, for it is the Good LordÃ¢ÂÂs greatest gift. Best wishes for a long and happy life together. Congratulations
SEE MORE: 50+ Wedding Wishes for Friends
Religious Wedding Greetings
- May God bless you both as you embark on your exciting new journey together!
- What God has joined, let us celebrate!
- God’s love will be the binding that keeps your marriage strong
- Put your trust in Gods guidance and you will be blessed with a lifetime of happiness
- May your lives, now joined, walk together hand in hand with God
- Our prayers are for your eternal happiness and the love of God to remain with you always
- As you join in holy matrimony I wish you both an eternity of great memories and endless love. God’s light will shine upon you
- As you become one in the eyes of Christ we send you our fondest wishes
- Sending our happiest wishes to you as you begin your new lives together. God has such exciting things planned for your future together
- God’s guidance will never let you down. Follow the path he lays before you and trust his will as you begin your exciting journey as man and wife
Holy Marriage Blessings
- May the blessing of God grant you years of happiness by each other’s sides
- God bless this marriage and may the love you feel today only grow as you spend your life together
- On this special day may God’s blessing guide and lead you through life, together, as one
- May His blessings grant you an abundance of love and happiness
- Your love for each other is clear to all, and I pray your lives are filled with untold joy. May the Lord bless you and your union
- Your faith is what will see you through the tough times. You have put your lives in the hands of God and he will keep you strong
- May God bless you, your marriage and your future lives together
- May your trust in God bless you with a lifetime of true happiness
- God’s love is eternal, and He will be it’s you always as you rejoice in your love for each other
- Without God there is no love. From him all love flows. May he bless your marriage and your lives as one
Religious Wedding Congratulations
- Congratulations and may God bless your lives with endless joyous memories
- Your loyalty and devotion to one through the vows you have taken will lead to a life of love and togetherness. Congratulations on a happy marriage
- I’m so happy to see you two getting wed in the eyes of God. Congratulations on what I know will be years of wedded bliss
- Never forget that a marriage is a partnership, one you share with our Lord. Let him be the light of your lives and protect you as you embark on this journey. Congratulations
- Find wisdom and guidance in Jesus Christ and let his teachings help you trust and forgive in marriage. Congratulations and all the best
- Congratulations on a wonderful wedding. May God bless you with love, respect and wisdom
- Congratulations on the first steps you take together as man and wife. May the happiness God has brought you today follow you through life
- I pray that God will bless and hold you in favour for years to come. Congratulations and all the love in the world
- Congratulations! And may the Lord bless your bond and love. He will always be with you and provide the strength when you need it
- To the happy couple – congratulations and warm wishes on your marriage. The spirit of Christ will bless you with joy
- You are loved in His eyes, and He will always smile upon you. Congratulations
SEE MORE: Wedding Wishes for Colleagues
Christian Wedding Wishes
- Congratulations! Trust God to guide you in your married life
- Congratulations and my best wishes. God has helped you to find one another and share in each other’s love
- May Lord bless you with happiness as you begin your new life together. Remember forgiveness and respect are key to a happy marriage
- The love you two have will be blessed by God as you head off into the sunset
- The bond you have between each other and God will keep you strong and fulfilled throughout your lives
- In faith you have found the perfect t match and have taken the first steps to a life of joy. Congratulations
- God bought you together and will bless your wedding with his almighty spirit. Always keep our Lord close to your hearts
- God will see you have a long and happy life together. Best wishes
- I pray you are blessed with the love and joy you have dreamed of. Congrats
SEE MORE: Belated Wedding Wishes